The Arkhangelsk Office of the Norwegian Barents Secretariat was established in 1996 by the agreement signed by the Norwegian Barents Secretariat, Arkhangelsk Regional Administration and the Pomor State University.
The main responsibilities of the Office are:
- Selection, systematising and dissemination of information about Barents co-operation, and organisations located in the Barents Euro-Arctic Region (BEAR);
- Assistance to local organisations in project management dealing with their participation in the Barents co-operation;
- Assistance to local organisations in seeking for partnership within the BEAR.
- Rendering informational, consultation and technical assistance to all organisations and individuals interested in the Barents co-operation;
- Providing assistance in holding and participation in negotiations, drawing up bilateral agreements, treaties; assistance in arranging seminars, conferences and official Barents events.
Norway’s Honorary Consulate to Arkhangelsk
Our Arkhangelsk office is also Norway’s honorary consulate to Arkhangelsk, with office Director Andrey Shalyov as the Honorary Consul. The office provides information about Norway and about visa regulations for visitors to Norway. As of January 1st 2011 it will also be possible for people in Arkhangelsk Oblast to deliver their application for a Pomor visa to Norway here.
More information about visa regulations at http://www.norvegia.ru/